Can I designate WCFR to receive my United Way donation?2022-06-08T20:34:34+00:00

Yes, simply write in Women & Children’s Free Restaurant (#8040) and note our address as 1408 N. Washington, Spokane,  WA  99201

Do I need special training to volunteer?2017-03-04T02:18:40+00:00

Our staff and lead volunteers will  provide any training our volunteers need to accomplish their duties. Every position is important to our mission, but few require special skills or excessive training. You will be assigned a job that matches your skill level and interest. Some volunteers may be required to obtain a Washington State Food Worker Card from the Spokane Regional Health District.  This is an online process and the fee is $10. Learn more here.

We also conduct volunteer orientations on the first and third Thursdays of the month from 4-5 PM. This is a time to learn more about our mission and programs and the various roles for volunteers. More

Is WCFR an authorized charity?2015-07-02T18:26:15+00:00

Yes. Women & Children’s Free Restaurant & Community Kitchen has been granted status by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3)  organization. The TIN is 91-1399742.  Donations made to WCFR are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.

Is there a fee or cost for your services?2015-07-02T18:27:21+00:00

All of our services are free of charge.

How do I qualify for services?2017-06-29T00:51:12+00:00

Any woman or child is welcome to attend restaurant meals. Male children through age 18 are welcome. Men are welcome to attend our community meals.

Go to Top