WCFR CURBSIDE SERVICES – GENERAL INFORMATION
Like so many of you, Women & Children’s Free Restaurant closely monitors the status of COVID-19 and its effects on the community. We look forward to the day we resume our regular in-house services, but until that time, we are prepared to provide free meals and groceries curbside to Spokane County women and children for as long as needed.
WCFR is deeply committed to preventing coronavirus transmission and protecting our employees, volunteers, and the people we serve. Cooperation in following our procedures allows us to continue our vital services and supports community health. Please read on to learn more.
On March 17, 2020, WCFR adopted a new process for distributing meals to our program families and others. Here’s how it works:
- We replaced all in-house meal services with curbside distribution of prepared meals and groceries to serve as many individuals as possible. There are certain days of the year when distribution services are on hiatus. Be sure to follow us on Facebook to stay current on distribution dates.
- On distribution days, groceries and prepared meals are available curbside for those arriving by car and at a distribution tent for those arriving on foot. Staff and volunteers will direct you through the process and assist with loading food into your trunk or rear cargo area. Please make room in those areas of your vehicle before arriving at the restaurant.
- We are located at 1408 North Washington Street, Spokane, WA 99201, at the corner of Washington and Sinto. To access food, join the car line on North Normandie from West Boone. Our traffic team will direct you from there.
- An adult woman must be present to receive meals and groceries.
- Continue to practice physical distancing, defined as standing 6-8’ feet from other people and, most importantly, staying home if you feel sick.
- Face masks are not required at this time. However, this may change in accordance with CDC recommendations.
MEAL AND GROCERY DISTRIBUTION DATES ARE POSTED ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE. CLICK TO FOLLOW US.
If you have COVID-19, please protect others by remaining at your place of residence. If you are unsure of your COVID status but are experiencing any of these symptoms, please remain at home to avoid spreading illness to others:
- Sniffles or Runny Nose
- Dry Cough
- Shortness of Breath
- Body Aches
- Sore Throat
WCFR will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 and adapt to the growing needs of our community. We look forward to resuming our regular in-house programs and services at the appropriate time. WCFR reserves the right to refuse services under certain circumstances.