Like so many of you, Women & Children’s Free Restaurant is closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic and its effects on the community. We look forward to the day we resume our regular in-house services, but until that time we are prepared to provide free meals and groceries curbside to Spokane County women and children for as long as needed.
WCFR is deeply committed to the prevention of coronavirus transmission and protection of our employees, volunteers and the people we serve. Cooperation in following our procedures allows us to continue our vital services, and supports community health. Please read on to learn more.
On March 17, 2020, WCFR adopted a new process for distributing meals to our programs families and others. Here’s how it works:
- In order to serve as many individuals as possible, we replaced all in-house meal services with curbside distribution of prepared meals and groceries. There are certain days of the year when distribution services on are hiatus. Be sure to follow us on Facebook to stay current on distribution dates.
- On distribution days, groceries and prepared meals are available curbside for those arriving by car, and at a distribution tent for those arriving on foot. Staff and volunteers will direct you through the process and assist with loading food into your trunk or rear cargo area. Please make room in those areas of your vehicle prior to arriving at the restaurant.
- We are located at 1408 North Washington Street, Spokane, WA 99201, at the corner of Washington and Sinto. To access food, drive west on Sinto Avenue and pull up to the curb at the east end of the parking lot in front of our building.
- An adult female must be present to receive meals and groceries.
- Continue to practice physical distancing, defined as standing 6-8’ feet from other people and, most importantly, staying home if you feel sick.
- Face masks are not required for those who are fully vaccinated. If you are not fully vaccinated, face masks covering nose and mouth are required (1) on WCFR property, (2) while receiving food at WCFR, and (3) when conversing with our distribution team members. Thank you for your cooperation.
Meal and grocery distribution dates are posted on our Facebook page. CLICK to follow us.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, please stay home and avoid spreading illness to others:
- Sniffles or Runny Nose
- Dry Cough
- Shortness of Breath
- Body Aches
- Sore Throat
WCFR will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19, and adapt to the growing needs of our community. We look forward to resuming our regular in-house programs and services at the appropriate time. WCFR reserves the right to refuse services under certain circumstances.
This page is intended to provide information about COVID-19, precautions that are being taken and prevention measures you can take, as well as information on the effects of measures various governments are taking to stem the outbreak.
This page is not intended to be all-encompassing and should not be considered to be providing medical or legal advice. In all instances, you should consult with a relevant expert for guidance specific to your circumstances.